do you have a prayer to share? or spare?


(can ya tell i'm home today??)

at r.c.i.a. last night, there was one presenter and myself (two of our *staff* were off doing other godly things, i suppose) and our teaching was on the liturgical year. it's one of my favorites, and bonnie did a wonderful job. i really like our class this year, it's been interesting watching their personalities emerge. for the most part, they are reserved. there is one couple, however, that is coming because the woman is Catholic, her boyfriend has never been baptised and wants to participate in the Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter vigil, so it's neat having him there. he is literally a babe in Christ, but his desire is there, which is good. she does most of the talking : but he is very attentive and wants to be in class. more on her later...

i was the opening and closing pray-er. i usually create and have to type it out because i am not a good spontaneous prayer partner like a lot of my friends are, but it depends on who you ask. last night since i was surfing around different prayer sites, i found two really wonderful ones - for the opening prayer, i chose one from St. Thomas Acquinas, the newest member of my sidebar:


Creator of all things, true source of light and wisdom, lofty origin of all being, graciously let a ray of your brilliance penetrate into the darkness of my understanding and take from me the double darkness in which I have been born, an obscurity of both sin and ignorance. Give me a sharp sense of understanding, a retentive memory, and the ability to grasp things correctly and fundamentally. Grant me the talent of being exact in my explanations, and the ability to express myself with thoroughness and charm. Point out the beginning, direct the progress, and help in completion; through Christ our Lord. Amen.


i should actually pray that on a daily basis.

i closed with a prayer from St. Augustine:


Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give Your angels and saints charge over those who sleep.

Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ.

Rest Your weary ones.

Bless Your dying ones.

Soothe Your suffering ones.

Pity Your afflicted ones.

Shield Your joyous ones, and all for Your love's sake.

Amen.


these ancient men reach into the recesses of my heart and i just wanted to share.

No comments: