five idiosyncrasies

i was tagged (!) by my new friend jonathan of the propaganda box to list five idiosyncrasies of mine. you will be shocked, oh yes.

you will.

1. i don't function well in social settings. for instance, last night was back-to-school night and i was filled with dread and fear knowing i might see people who would want to talk to me. i walked with my head down and simply listened and took notes like the scribe that i am. i did talk to a couple of folks, but it was out of sheer necessity. i don't like gossip and small talk and look at what i am doing, another meme. i am talking real-life people, work with me!!

it's true. ask my family.

2. i will never take the "last" of anything - like the last cookie, the last bit of milk. never, ever. i took the last cookie once in a cookie jar when ben was a baby (almost 21 years ago!) and the jar shattered in my hands and i had to get 20 bazillion stitches of the side of my hand so that was a good enough for me to forego the last of anything for the rest of my days.

3. i have over 100 pairs of patterened socks. and yes, my socks have to match something i am wearing or i am considered to have a "bad sock day."

4. i have diminished hearing out of my left ear due to ear infections that went untreated as a child. it sounds like the ocean ebbing and flowing at all times (oh, and you wondered why i was neurotic??)

5. my sheets have to be tucked in at the end of my bed before i go to sleep at night and my bed has to be made. i don't care if it is 4 minutes prior to jumping in, it has to be tidy. the rest of my house can look like a cyclone hit it, but my bed? per the marines i was raised by, quarter could be bounced off and nary a crease shall ye find.

okay, gang. get ready to pony up:

lorna from a see-through faith
deb from ukok's place.
julie my happy catholic friend because i've not bugged her for a while
gayla at journey of the heart
and carolyn from bride without spot

No comments: