artists and poets and vagrants, oh my


William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)

i come across poets and authors and obviously artists whose work i greatly admire and wanted to start a segment in my little space in the 'sphere highlighting people, known and unknown, for your viewing and reading pleasure. i couldn't think up a clever post title, and originally wanted to go with "hot dead guys" but found it to be harsh and inappropriate.

plus, what if i came across a particular person who was neither *hot* nor *dead* nor a *guy*? when i find items that i wish to share, i will highlight them under this post title and you will perhaps come to appreciate, as i have, God's brilliance in creating such a marvelous work :) (julie has her "lost" fellas, jules has her merton [she thinks he's hers, i found him first...see sidebar for details], regina claire jane has her jim cavaziel, i have my own opinion of ~hot~ or ~not~...)

my first feature for this would be a gentleman whose writings i am familiar with but whose mug i had not had the pleasure of seeing until back-to-school night at the high school, more notably in max's english class, where i had my first look at William Butler Yeats. let me rephrase: William Butler Yeats as a young man.

oh.
my.
goodness.

that got me up, out of my chair and nose plastered on the bulletin board, looking for information as to "who is that guy?" not only handsome, but a pretty amazing writer. i only wish i was around when he would do his readings, i would have loved to hear how he sounded, too.......

He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No comments: