"unclean!"

i have been crying thus for a week now - a nasty virus produced an even more nasty outcome (or, in the alternative, it was a sort of staph infection gotten at the hospital) and i have been dealing with cellulitis (on my face) since last wednesday. i was unable to return to the hospital until i had a note from my doctor declaring me "uncommunicable" (who'd've thought i would be declared otherwise?) and my husband believes i need to go and show myself to the priest.

this would not be remarkable but became thusly since two other bloggers i know have been afflicted with it as well. what is up with that and what are the chances of it?

i return to work today with what appears to be a sore upper lip from blowing my nose too often and it is my hope that people will stop stepping back in horror when they see me up close (except for amy, she was gracious, bless her heart :) it is also remarkable how many people judge by outward appearances; over the last few days, i have been fortunate (?) enough to see just how people react when they come upon someone who has an apparent *defect* -- the first half of the week i had this, i remained inside because i knew how i looked and how i felt. however, when the healing was setting in and i ventured out of doors again, while i was very self-conscious of what i had on my face, i saw it in others' faces, as well, what they perceived of me and just how much they were afraid of being near me.

an enlightening experience.



(oh, and you all wonder why i am so neurotic...)

No comments: