i went to the dermatologist's office on monday since i have really had no relief from my hives. given the history of my family's incident rate of melanoma, it probably wasn't a bad idea.

he asked me what medications i was on and of course, i owned up to my paxil ingestion on a daily basis for anxiety. he then launched into a 40-minute diatribe as to why i have anxiety: bottom line? anger managment. repressed anger - suppressed, even.

and i nodded and kept blinking and was thinking "who is this guy??"

after the exam of my body instead of my head, he found two suspicious-looking moles on my back, said we would be friends for life because i had so many cool-looking freckles, and i am to go for surgical excision next week. he prescribed something for my hives which is probably one of the longest prescription names in the history of man and i will have my follow-up for said medication when i return in 4 weeks.

i will then receive the news of my biopsies.

oh, and my long-time readers should know that i have always had a thing or two to say about sunblock. i was told monday i need to wear a 50 and not be in the sun in the summertime from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and the wintertime, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. i am officially going underground and will be on the next season of Lost.

No comments: