found in an old blog while surfing -- before i post it, though...why is it that some of the best blogs are around are the ones that do not exist any more?

~~~~~

I struggle with addiction. I find that I almost never act out because of what is going on today. It is almost always because of the pain and anger and regret over what happened yesterday or the fear and anxiety of what may happen tomorrow.

In my experience there is always enough grace to get me through today.

At times I find myself saying, 'God I am going to trust you for the next hour.' And then for the next hour I tell myself to 'act as if' God is really in control and really knows what is best and really does love me and I give myself a break from trying to control my life.

Letting go and letting God for one hour is really good. I hope one day I will be able to trust him for two.

~~ParsonBlue

No comments: