if your eye causes you to stumble...

...does Scripture not encourage us to pluck it out?

well, last night i did just about that -- i fell asleep after being out to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's (who i actually pressed palms with last night, tyvm) with my contacts in. when i got up, in my half-asleep stage, i pinched what i thought was my contact lens but alas, it was my cornea.

and man, did it hurt when it happened. felt worse when i woke up, like sand in my eyes...

i went to the eye doctor's and discovered i have a whopping corneal defect and am on antibiotics 5x/day, plus other eye drops until at least tuesday when i have my follow-up eye doc appointment. in her words: "boy, pen -- you really did it to yourself!! you have a huge hole..."

not words you want to hear from your eye doctor, i can assure you.

otherwise, i am pretty well, holding up strong, intensely into Scripture, clinging to Jesus by wrapping my arms around His legs and holding on. your prayers and emails have helped and i think i have crossed a really cool threshhold in this thing of mine.

i am also thinking my contact lens wearing days are over...

No comments: