a dear friend and i were chatting on the phone today and we were talking (natch) about blogging and blog rolls. a while back, forgive me for not searching, i posted a question about how important it is to be on one's blogroll. i am reposting this question:
(1) how important is it to see your name on someone's blogroll?
(2) are you offended if you are not on someone's that you feel a kinship with?
(3) if you are not and once were, would you stop reading that particular person's blog?
(4) how do you visit your favorite blogs? via blogrolls or bloglines?
i'll be the first one brave enough to answer -
(1) not so important
(2) offended is too strong. there is a blogger i read on a pretty fairly consistent basis whose blogroll i was never on. i often commented but he never responded (sort of how i can be if i am pressed for time) so i felt nothing i ever said resonated with him. until one day he emailed me and called me "sister." i just noticed a short while ago, i am on his blogroll now, and it's pretty cool, but it didn't stop me from reading or responding to something he wrote.
(4) i am a blogliner, all the way. which is a bit unfortunate, b/c if someone makes great changes to their blog, i won't know unless they say "hey, i made great changes to my blog, take a look!!" so yeah, that's me.
i would clean up my blogroll, but i don't want to offend anyone i haven't read in a while to think they are not my pallies any longer. i keep up with most through bloglines and am always a bit shocked to see what has happened to my blogroll blogs when they switch domain names. ooofah.