Declan McCullagh

~~~

We had our friend Neil over for dinner last night, and since Jimbo was working late, I was in charge of preparing a meal and holding court until he arrived home. As if learning of my impending surgery wasn't enough for one day, Neil told us there is a chance he will be promoted and transferred -- to either Las Vegas or Beverly Hills. As happy as I am for him, I must admit I was bummed. He is just a great person, fun to be around and will undoubtedly excel at whatever comes his way. It's just such a long commute for me :(

I had a few glasses of wine while preparing, during and after our dinner - which was pork loin stuffed with sharp provolone, fresh spinach, ham and roasted red peppers, Greek salad, and cous-cous - and really, almost forgot about my doctor's visit.

(Almost.)

I awoke around 1:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep until after 3:30 a.m. First time in so long I've had insomnia and hives and am hoping in my heart of hearts this isn't going to be a foretaste of the next few weeks. I am sure it had nothing to do with the desert wind blowing sand over and through my mouth after all the wine I drank in....nothing six glasses of iced tea at 2:00 a.m. couldn't tame, anyway.

I attempted to make an appointment with the surgeon today - May 21. I said "thank you," hung up and called my Dr. Gabriel Byrne back and informed them of the date; they will now make their *magic* phone call that will open something up in a much timelier manner. If not, he wants me to see a surgeon from Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. Not convenient, but hey, if he feels it is necessary, who am I to argue? I am praying for nearby, trust me...

Such hoops to jump through.

I am all over the map today with my thoughts and my emotions and am happy to know God because if I didn't, I would be thinking all the prayers being said for me and over me and by me are perhaps not being heard so clearly by Him.

.
.
.

Good thing.

No comments: