amazing weekend

I really don't have the words to describe how wonderful the entire weekend was. Ben and Kelly's wedding was beyond anything I had anticipated, complete with confetti and bubbles for their first dance, "party motivators" who brought the crowd to their feet after dinner and didn't stop, to the Mummers who happened to show up and play songs for the crowd of mostly Philadelphians. It was truly remarkable and one that many will be talking about for ages to come -- up until Saturday, *our* wedding was "the best wedding ever!" -- to be trumped by my son and his wife after holding the slot for 18 years? We won't complain :)

Pictures. I have a few candids, but was really busy with guests most of the time -- this shot was one of their first formal poses after being married. They were truly gorgeous, Kelly looked stunning and like a Bride's magazine model and I am sure you know how I felt Ben looked :) I guess I should upload them to flickr or some other hosting program so those who wish to view will be able to do so. There were highlights like seeing my brother and his family from DC who we only see once a year, having *my* entire family (22 of us) together in one place at one time and drama, which I don't even wish to go into here....time spent with friends and family all weekend and into this week, continues to be sublime.

God is surely good.

No comments: