holding pattern

i once heard "contentment with godliness is great gain."  i am learning this Lent it is okay to be still (even though i've been out every night since Sunday) and that it's good to take a breather and actually let God be God.

i am on an interesting path and have felt more these past two weeks God's hand on my life than i ever have before.   that's not to say i don't have my moments, but because i have truly turned my will and my life over to the care of God, i have more freedom to make the right decisions for myself (and my family) and it is easier to be aligned when i am actually really trying, not just pretending to try and bitching when things don't go my way.

i got a coffee table-sized concordance in the mail yesterday that is aptly entitled "exhaustive."  [you got that right, Mr. Strong.]  i am ready to look up those words that i seem to have the biggest problems with, i.e., obedience, surrender, and hope! -- and am ready to see what God says about them.

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord...
that's a heck of a scripture to hold onto, just for starters.

No comments: