so not full of grace

have i ever mentioned i am a bit on the clumsy side?

that i've broken more bones and had concussions and dislocations to beat the band?

tonight was ben's requested "dinner with the family." he had just arrived home, i had a wonderful meal just about ready to go - grilled chicken and chicken teriyaki brats with roasted potatoes, fresh corn and jersey tomato salad with goat cheese, along with marinated & grilled zucchini for my fellow gastronomes with inquiring minds - and in my rush to "get to the girl's room" and thereafter sit at the table before the hub came in from the grill, i rushed into the bathroom and foot-long into my magazine rack which is (was) an old wooden toolbox. smashed my left foot right into it, knew immediately it wasn't a simple stub-your-toe-moment as i couldn't bear any weight.

hopped to my chair, told my son ben who announced it to my other kids +1 friend, said to my husband "i hurt my foot - i think i broke it," he said "okay, let's eat."

so we ate.

i elevated my foot on my pedestal part of the table through the meal, choked down my dinner and said "ben, call the e.r. and see how busy they are..."

"is it really that hurt?" questioned the dh...

"yeah. i think it's broken. i can't put any weight on it and it doesn't feel so good."

"you weren't kidding?"

"no."

"but you sat through dinner..."

"yeah, and i sat through dinner one other time i told you i broke my foot and you didn't believe me then, either..."

(marriage is a sacrament, marriage is a sacrament...)

just returned from the nearest urgent care facility. fourth toe, broken straight across. need to follow-up with an orthopaedic tomorrow for casting; was told by doc in a most serious tone that this is the type of break that "may require a surgical pin to align..."

*sigh*

did i mention i have two major catering jobs this week - one saturday and one next wednesday?

*sigh*

No comments: