level of intensity: orange


i read last night where i wasn't deemed "worried," as i am more "intense."

and no, i did not take that the wrong way :)

i am intense. how do i de-intensify?

i would like to tell you when i ask that, i am being sincere and earnest and whatever other descriptive word you can supplement that with and would seriously like suggestions...

~*~*~

i just got home from work. it was busy. it was hot (of course it was hot, it's august) and i was the bus girl because my bus girl wanted to serve for me today and when i hesitated with her when she asked me, i said "i've noticed you are not as attentive as you need to be when you serve and saturdays are a whole different ball-game..." she assured me she would be so i relented. as an aside, and this will be important to note later: we have our new shirts in. uniforms are the work shirts and either khaki or denim shorts, capris, or jeans. shorts are to be longer than your hands when extended to your sides. if your apron is longer than your shorts, we will have a problem.

her apron completely eclipsed her shorts. i told her i had a problem with them and she should be wearing longer shorts - back talk (same girl from this week) and arguing/discussion ensued, i said "you want to waitress, you need to wear what i tell you to and not talk back to me about it, okay?" it was agreed, and i later found out from my other server server#1 was already worried before i got into work about her shorts being too short and that i would probably have an issue with them. it's like i tell my kids: if you are that worried about how you look in something for mass, then change your clothes into something more appropriate. 'nuff said.

i had one of my customers approach me after her meal to tell me she had just gotten through a meal with the worst service she had ever experienced EVER because of my short-shorted server's lack of attention, noncommittal attitude, disinterest, not getting a new spoon when one was requested, didn't ask if they needed coffee or anything else; there was a laundry list.

now i would be remiss if i didn't share a detail of this conversation with you, so i would ask that you remove all children from the monitor area.

okay.

i said "i'll be happy to talk to her about it, was everything else okay - i've already talked to her about her uniform..."

"her uniform was fine - she probably gets more tips out of her customers because they like that and it's not like her pubic hair was hanging out from underneath."

stop and let that one soak in a bit.

::blink, blink::
did you just say *pubic hair*??
::blink, blink::

oh.
my.
God.
in.
Heaven.

have mercy on me. have mercy, a great streaming abundant plethora of mercy on me.

so i said something to my server to be more attentive and let the rest of it slide.

can you even imagine?

is it any wonder i am as intense as i am?

No comments: