got tongs?


1. today was our 6th anniversary at the restaurant. we gave out free cake with every meal and everyone was happy, happy (so i am told, i was in class all day).

2. the prophets have so much to teach us, i can no longer simply claim Isaiah as my favorite, although he had one of my favorite passages...however, i believe there are favorite passages spoken by all the prophets so maybe i'll just be miss random and post one every now and again.

3. ever notice when you feel guilty about something and you are called out on that *thing* you tend to get defensive and fall all over yourself supporting your (lame) excuses? that would be me. i am being humbled the more i ask for humility.

uh, thank you God?

4. please pray for my husband's aunt bobbie - she was diagnosed with brain cancer maybe about a month ago and while the prognosis was good, she has taken a turn for the worst and is being admitted into a nursing home under hospice care. may she have a peaceful entry into the kingdom of God.

5. our english class is dwindling; there were about 10 students today out of 25. my last essay is up at writings if you'd care to take a look. it was one that i had to research and cite my sources. the professor said today that many of the (10) students had to rewrite theirs because they did it incorrectly; i asked a question and he said "you didn't have a problem with yours..." i said "that's funny, because it was a struggle to write!" he said "good researched papers should be a struggle."

well, now. i have nothing to fear in that area, do i?

Then I said, "Woe is me, I am doomed! For I am a man of unclean lips, living among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"
6
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, holding an ember which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
7
5 He touched my mouth with it. "See," he said, "now that this has touched your lips, your wickedness is removed, your sin purged."
8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?" "Here I am," I said; "send me!"

No comments: