lay the truth bare, here - q o' the day

logo2

when i initially started doing my sidebar work, i added a whole bunch of linky things that i thought were cool, one of them being the ttlb info. i had forgotten about it, essentially, until i noticed in the last couple of weeks or so, my status had changed from marauding marsupial to flappy bird and thought, gee, what happened?

then i noticed i was an adorable little rodent which means i am moving up the chain. i think.

stopping by elena's today, she has the skinny: nz bear decided to make changes because there are certain folks out there (***ahem, mac***) that are tweaking the system in order to be ranked higher on the ranking system, for what it's worth.

what's it worth, really?

question to my fellow bloggers and lurkers: does it matter to you, really?

to me, it isn't really whether folks link to me or not, even though i admit to feeling flattered if i happen to find out someone has. it's more like "how cool is that?" just like if i think something is cool or want to show the proper information, especially for artists, then i link away.

there are bloggers i know who are true treasures that are virutal *unknowns* in the land of blog. i've linked to them or mentioned them in threads but i go and read, especially through bloglines because i want to know when they've updated (as elena mentioned, herself); i did not know it affected their ecosystem status for hits because of my failure to arrive through my blogroll...and honestly, with the humble bloggers i enjoy the most, i think it would mortify them to discover that i think it would make a difference.

(are you with me so far?)

does this all matter to you, folks? if it does, step up to the plate and claim that it does and i'll be happy to visit you through my blogroll vs. my bloglines. i'll take you off of my bloglines subscription but chances are, quite frankly, i won't be by to visit very often: i visit folks through bloglines first and then add their blogs to my blogroll because i want to make sure it is a blog i enjoy (very much) before i blog-roll it, so there ya go. it could be i am so used to bloglines that i haven't updated my 'roll, so let me know that, too, and i'll be happy to do so and but will keep reading you through 'lines.

this is exhausting me.

so that's my stance: my ecosystem status isn't all that important to me (i guess i should take off my icon then, eh?); however, if it is important to you, i will likewise give you reciprocity. however, what is more important to you: status or faithful friends who, even if they don't comment, may send a prayer up on your behalf if they've read you are struggling and don't wish to sound off in a comment that they are doing so?

something to consider.

No comments: