restless hearts

Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.

~~St. Augustine

what do you think is the main reason people fall into temptation? is it simple or is it complex?

i think the easiest explanation when it comes to me, personally, is i have a restless heart, a restless spirit. that and i take my eyes off the Cross. i decide to turn my back on Jesus as He sorrowfully took it on for me and take my own route, not necessarily "the better way," but the way i want to take.

me. me. me. me.

i sat in Mass this morning and stayed for the stations of the Cross, praying that my presence would unite with the Holy Spirit's presence in the room and strengthen me to make right judgments today. while all of my judgments may not have been "right," and although i felt a very strong temptation to engage in something that would be most detrimental to the Body of Christ, i believe by staying at Mass and for stations my structure was shored up.......it was a struggle, i will not deny that. but fall i did not.

however, i am feeling the residual effects from it. i stayed the course, lost focus several times, had it blurred several others and realize i am in (yet) another battle. thank God it is Lent and i am at least trying to keep my focus on my Lord.

my restless heart. that is so me, you all have no idea.

No comments: