overwhelmed.

i added this comment to my longest-thread-response-in-forever, but it may have gotten lost: i have been overwhelmed by the responses i have received to my predicament. i am beside myself and since i cannot personally thank each of you for your thoughts and prayers, please know i am humbled and truly touched that so many people came out in force. i felt like i was at a candlelight vigil for me :)

after working at the hospital all day yesterday, i went to my favorite church to have some quiet time with God, my "Confessions" book in hand, heart heavy, no dinner, could not wait another minute, only to find parishoners filing out (service was just over, at what, 7:30??) and after circling the block, parked my car and went in.

this is my favorite place to hang out with God. apparently, i was not the only one desirous of doing so -- the Passion narrative over, time to break out the Easter lilies :) (sorry, that was a bit o' sarcasm...they had to get ready when the manpower was available, i am certain!)

so i showed up and while God and i did not have the quality *quiet time* i had been craving all day, i realized that i was in prayer all day at work and He was there the entire time. we had plenty of moments.

for the record, i recognize Sacred Tradition and ancient teachings. i do not feel that simply because they are not in the bible they are to be thrown out or be dismissed -- the bible itself speaks of the many things Jesus said and did that would be too numerous and would fill countless volumes! simply because it is not written down does not mean it did not happen - the Catholic faith is handed down from His Apostles - the ones who were closest to Him in life. that is pretty rich in my book. i have issues with the newer stuff that has come down from the bishops over, say, the last 75 years or so. therein is my struggle.

and it is all okay. i know i am okay where i am and while i may not be thrilled with some of the things i hear, it is between me and God. He knows my heart, regardless, so i cannot really give Him lip service.

He is God, after all.

thank you all, once again and jeff? i have a bone to pick with you, but that will be for another time.

peace and Easter blessings, all.

No comments: