i just don't have it in me...

my garden, july 2005
(photo by me :)
~*~*~*~

...to plant one flower this year. at my house or at my restaurant.

what is my problem?

i love the earth, trees, flowers; i admire all others around me who have gorgeous gardens. i usually begin the planning with the first catalogue that comes in the mail in january. i get emails from my favorite periennial providers, asking where i am, to no avail.

i almost stopped at a nursery yesterday, but kept driving. i am afraid that what i plant will wither and fade because of my inattentiveness, my busyness, my hectic schedule that precludes me from even staying up past 10:00 p.m. to watch the news.

like it will be throwing money away.

i feel as though a part of me is lost and cannot be found; i am disconnecting from the things that i used to cherish and i am having a difficult time finding my way back...that this lack of desire is only a symptom of something much deeper rooted, lying beneath the surface (metaphor intended).

motivate me, please. encourage me, tell me that 10 minutes a day is all that is needed to keep things lush. tell me that it is okay to turn on my sprinkler system (yeah, we got that) and that the flowers won't perish with a little bit of attention....

No comments: