sha-wing

with or without contrast?

awoke early because hub wanted me to have something to eat and drink before 6:45 since i had to be "no solids four hours prior to testing."

i am not hungry that early so i simply had a cup of coffee, followed by 1/2 of my *prep* (contrast) at 8:45, the other half 9:45. just not very good tasting, last effects unpleasant. had the extreme pleasure of another 1/2 cup at time of testing.

i arrived, changed and was put on the table. i then received an injectable dye they put in my system to make other things stand out, all sorts of glowy-like. thing is, as it travels through your system, it makes certain body parts feel warm. i laid there thinking of a line from the movie "wayne's world," when garth says "(she) makes me feel kinda funny...like when i climb the rope in gym class." this warmth coursed through my veins and my system within a matter of seconds producing odd sensations in body parts i didn't know existed. i was almost sad when that part of the test was finished ;)

she said my sarcoidosis didn't look too bad in my lungs....oh, really? i didn't realize i had it in my lungs again. i refuse to speculate and will await my meeting with my doctor next week to see what is going on.

i was also told today that sarcoidosis affects your entire immune system and once you have it, you always have it? this was in contrast to what i was told seven years ago. party time, excellent...

i swear, no speculation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch!

Hope you are keeping to your no speculation promise. I'm not sure I could. My Dad used to call it 'skull theatre' ... the not knowing :(

owenswain said...

You remain, as ever, in my thoughts and prayers before our Lord and our Lady

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Pen

myosotis said...

I think it goes into remission and every so often flares up, sort of like the shingles??
Praying for you penni. You do your part tho'. Be a good patient and be "patient".

Anonymous said...

My dad had sarcoidosis...for a long time...it would flare up from time to time. I actually think I may have it...I react like he does at times. Suzanne

Sister Mary Martha said...

I have tried to tell people how much fun contrast dye is, but few believe me.