the kindness of bloggers

i have received supportive emails.

i have received telephone calls (call you later today, julie :)

i received a way cool gift via overnight mail from my bloggie friend jayne. one that prompted these failing eyes to look really, really closely at the packaging for her telephone number so i could call her to say thank you (and what a wonderful conversationalist she is!)

what i received was a holding cross.

my particular cross is made from canarywood and is the smoothest, coolest cross i have ever held in my hand -- it *fits*. there is a wonderful story behind these and is worth a read, but what i find to be so comforting is that someone whom i have never even spoken to beyond email *knew* me enough to know i am a tactile person and that i needed to "hold" something that would bring me comfort and strangely enough, this is it. what a cool gift, one that God would know would bless my socks off :)

i am sharing this with you so you may feel inspired to purchase a bunch and distribute them to friends who are ailing...i am going to purchase 5 more - one for each of my siblings and one for my mom to hold onto.

thank you dear Jayne. thank you.

4 comments:

ukok said...

I bought one of these for my mum a couple of years ago and she tells me she has often fallen asleep just holding it and talking to the Lord. I'm so glad that your friend bought you such a wonderful and thoughtful gift. Thanks be to God for good friends and for their much covetted prayers!

Thinking of you and your Mum at this time and praying, though that bit goes without saying really.

:-)

Julie D. said...

I never heard of a "holding cross" before but what a great idea!

Jayne said...

Penni, I just noticed this post as I was so fixated on the one above it this morning...lol. You are soooo very welcome, and I so enjoyed our conversation. This blogging community is so rich with blessings, isn't it? No, I don't "know" you, and no we've never "met" but I feel I know you so well, and it was as if we'd been old friends for years when we talked. Odd, isn't it? I am so happy that you found solace and peace with your holding cross. Jack and Carol are special people whose ministry feeds many souls. I am happy your soul was fed so dearly.

Regina said...

I bought a bunch of these when I was in Knock, Irleand and my mom just loves hers...