the penitent cat

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. Luke 15:7

~*~*~

I would say a very humbled Petey came home after four days of catting about.

I sat on the steps of our deck outside around 7:00 this morning and starting calling his name. A meowing sound, likened to sweet music, wafted into my ears as he came sprinting over the neighbor's fence, scrambled over our woodpile, bounded up onto the deck and into my arms (okay, okay, that is a lie - I had to scoop him up lest he escape again, but it sounds more romantic the other way...)

After hugs and much rejoicing, he was treated to a dish of his favorite foodstuffs, while his adoptive cat sisters sat in the background, hissing and growling, bitter over his new Scent O' the Outside World.

Apparently, they were not to be numbered among the angels rejoicing over his return...

No comments: