Quandary

As some of you may know, I have been in and out of a state of flux regarding my faith; not my faith in God and Jesus, my risen Lord, but whether or not I am going to remain Catholic.

I've put it out there. Now I don't know where to go with it.

In an effort to remain in the Church, I was going to teach 8th grade religious education again this year, after having taken a year off. I wanted to do so for the right reasons: teach the children that Jesus is alive and well and within them, as well as outside of their boxes of "selves" -- however, I have been attending class instruction these past two weeks and much of what has been discussed centers around things I am not in line with, and are part of our faith. I really don't know where else to go with this, so I am going to make an appointment to talk to the interim priest of our parish and thereafter, calling my DRE to withdraw my commitment to teach; I will continue to seek God's face apart from the Church.

If anyone has any further suggestions for me, I am open to dialogue.

This is heavy stuff, kids. Help a sister out.

No comments: