my life of *else*

cross-posted at my StumbleUpon blog

~~~

in speaking at length with a friend this week, in his wisdom, he shared with me that most addicts live in a life of "else" -- wanting to be someone else, somewhere else, doing something else...you get the picture.

in going over my flickr pics, i found a collage of family photos that were needed for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary slide show. in looking at my pics, this senior pic of me in particular, i saw someone who was hopeful and full of promise, looking toward a future that was unknown, scary and thrilling at the same time.

it was then, my senior year, that i picked up my first glass of alcohol (it was probably something like a white russian or equally as girlie) . how could i know that it would eventually totally change the course of my life?

(into something else.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you are wanting to be who you are, the authentic you and you are working towards that and that you is still beautiful no doubt.

O onionboy.ca {arts & fath} luminousmiseries.ca {faith & art}