proactive

i have gotten subtle emails from my friends inquiring as to my whereabouts. i am here. i have been in a bit of a funk over the past month and instead of wallowing in it (although i have actually been doing relatively better than my last post), my sister suggested something that i am going to ask my blogger buds for help with...

i am unable to see the baby even an iota as much as i had hoped. my sister suggested i start journaling for Hannah - keep a scrapbook, fill it with pictures of our family and teach her our traditions, give her our grand ideas, my thoughts on God and music and key lime pie. all for her and her alone when she turns the appropriate age to appreciate such a gift.

i have sent the "can you help me email" to my friend annie, who has such a creative flair for personalizing journals...i don't want to pressure anyone else - like anyone who takes PHOTOGRAPHS or PAINTS PAINTINGS or WRITES POETRY or SHORT STORIES, but since there are a lot of you who i am friends with on a deeper level -- do you have any thoughts or ideas of things i can add to it other than the few things i have mentioned? i would be happy to add them - in fact, since my "book idea" plummeted (the submissions i have received, however, i still have and will keep close to my heart of hearts), i was thinking if you wanted to contribute something you felt you would tell a dear child, and wanted to share it with me so i could share it with her, i would be honored.

it has been such a long while since i glanced at my sidebar, i don't know if my post office box is there; if not, leave me a comment and i will be happy to include the appropriate things sent or suggested with love.

i want this precious girl to know her graham loved her, even if our relationship doesn't turn out as i dream and hope it will. that she was precious not only in the sight of God, but in the sight of me who longed for her way before she was born. i want her to know what she may not realize, even if i were to tell her. anais nin once said "the role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say."

i can do this, but would love your input.

No comments: