Distrusting God | Inward/Outward

Distrusting God Inward/Outward: "Distrusting God
By Brennan Manning on 04-20-2011
Wallowing in shame, remorse, self-hatred and guilt over real or imagined failings in our past lives betrays a distrust in the love of God. Preoccupation with our past sins, present weaknesses and character defects gets our emotions churning in self-destructive ways, closes us within the mighty citadel of self and preempts the presence of a compassionate God.
Source: Ruthless Trust"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sits, silently, beside you*
i haven't been here. but i thought of you.

oh, my sister.
my sister.

i have NO.DOUBT. you feel my enveloping hug.

i will not let go.

m3

Unknown said...

Hi Greetings!

I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button located at the top of my blogspot.com I frequently visit other blogs encouraging the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Encouraged to forget our past and focus on future or how detrimental it would be in our spiritual lives!

Kingdom Blessings!

Jeannee said...

Hi, Penni! I just stumbled across your blog and I see we share so much in common: loss of a beloved parent; NJ; AA; Catholic but ... maybe not? ... I am grateful that we found each other!

Jeannee
edisonmyndiecoco@yahoo.com

hermesonlinestore said...

I support your idea very much and here is a good choice for you no matter what mood you are: just remember to pay attention to the fashion trend of Hermes Kelly Birkin such as New Hermes or the other styles like Kelly Hermes Bag. I promise you will relax yourself. So come on, know more fashion style arround you and make yourself more confidence.