!!! you did it !!!

world's best cup of coffee...

i don't know if you had the privilege(?) or honor(?) of seeing the movie "elf," but it is one of my family's favorites because of how endearing will farrell is as buddy. i must admit, however, that it took more than one viewing of same to be won over to the ethereal side of life to be able to enjoy it, but now, as with napoleon dynamite, i love this movie.

at one of my weight watcher meetings about two months ago, we had to fill out post cards we would be sending to ourselves in an effort to give ourselves *attagirls* for our weight loss sucess. well, i don't know if you've seen my fine print on my progress, but as of last saturday, i had gained 3.4 FLIPPING POUNDS which brought my total, after 11 weeks of faithful meeting attendance and following the program, to ZERO POUNDS LOST. yeah, you read that right. wasn't the best week for me to gain and i found myself in tears by the end of the meeting, ready to flagellate myself into good eating submission.

so what happens? i get the card in the mail. this week. and it says "CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING YOUR WEIGHT GOAL!" along with my comment to myself of "are you *there* yet?" such positive self-talk, i can't stand it.

let us now pause to reflect on the irony of that statement. let us further reflect on the irony of louis armstrong's version of *penni*es from heaven playing in the background of that clip, and the gastric bypass/obesity ads at the top of the page, but now i know i am reaching...

so in the above .wav file, buddy gets really happy when he sees a sign in a diner window claiming to have the "world's best cup of coffee." when you click on the link and play the .wav, please put in the words "CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING YOUR WEIGHT GOAL!" and you will be able to glean how exactly i responded to receiving the card in the mail. in fact, my max said "mom, you got mail today..." and started giggling. by the time i was done my buddy impression, we were in hysterics.

other than exercise, what diet works for you? i am on the fence again about maybe restarting atkins. am unsure though because i love fruit. should i continue on ww and eat the way i like and not lose any and be satisfied?

at what point do you claim self-acceptance in all of this diet journey?

No comments: