the polar express

The Polar Express

guess where i am taking my Godson today? i am so excited. i am going with him, my daughter and Godson's mother because she didn't want to miss out on the fun. i am really hoping this comes at least close to the book by chris van allsburg, whose illustrations are brilliant and captivating. if i may be so bold? please pray, since the diet du jour is atkins, that i can stay away from that which is also known as evil popcorn.

tia.

edited to add: movie was magical. the only drawback i'd say it had was it wasn't totally true to the original in the extra scenes, et cetera. but it never took me an hour and a half to read, either. they needed filler. the special effects were cool, i found myself filling up at certain scenes, at which time i felt a hand smack me upside my head, telling me to snap out of it.

little guy, about 7 years old, outside of the theater having an extreme meltdown because it was "too loud." i felt for him, felt the same way but always likened it to "if it's too loud, you are too old." so goes that theory.

and by the way - no popcorn. not a kernal. not a one.

can i get an amen?

No comments: