Oldest Son saw and hung out with Old Girlfriend yesterday.
i am supposed to be able to roll with it. go with the flow. he (O.S.) said i need to be more forgiving.
and proceeds to throw up the fact that Jesus asked God to forgive the folks at the Cross for what they had done to Him.
insert blank look here.
- was i not there for all the heartache and heartbreak just 6 short SHORT days ago?
- have i not been the dutiful mama who has been awoken at midnight for "chats" for almost two weeks straight? (ask me how i function with sleep deprivation as my main diet)
- have i offered my sacrifices of the Mass for him for almost the past two weeks straight?
- is there an inherent difference between forgiveness and protecting your heart from harm?
- he can forgive her, does that mean he has to hang out with her?
- what happens when she starts dating other boys and wants to *share*
- with him? what then? (see bullet point #2 for response to rhetorical question...)
Lord, teach me to be more like You in the forgiveness and not hold any resentment department. or have some of my cyberpallies tell me what the right response to all of this is.