tears in a bottle


psalm 56:8: Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: [are they] not in thy book?

sometimes i don't feel so wordy and i surf and read to see what others are up to, what is happening, things like that. sometimes i post (most times i post), lots of times i read.

sometimes, i link. this is so poignant, so prayerful. this friar's brother has cancer that is seemingly spreading, despite treatment - he says:
In ancient times, many people believed that if a person were dying and all other medicines had failed, they would try putting collected tears into the dying person's mouth in the hope of saving them. They collected these tears in a bottle for this purpose. It is a custom born of desperation, grief, and hopelessness.

In the coming days, I fear all the medicines of modern man will fail, and my familie's tears will fill many bottles. I don't know what David meant by a bottle that God puts our tears in, I don't really care. What I do care about is that some how, some way, our cries reach the Throne, and mean enough to God for Him to always remember our sorrows.
go read it, all ~~ from monastic mumblings, a friar's journey

No comments: