Banding.

I know in the past I have mentioned, say once or twice or a thousand times, that I struggle with my weight. I have since I was younger, although when I see the pictures of myself in High School when I thought I was gi-nor-mous, how I long for those gi-nor-mous days at 140 pounds.

Shocking, isn't it, that I don't weigh that now?

I am prayerfully considering having Lap Band Surgery after my son's wedding. It is something that has been in the back of my mind for months now and instead of wrestling with it in the background, I thought I'd bring it up to the forefront and start a dialogue about it. If I choose to go ahead with the procedure, I will open another new blog (linked to here, of course), so I don't weigh this blog down - no pun intended - with information that not everyone would be keen on, but will keep it available for those who might be interested my journey toward health.

Just to let you know where I am with it now: I have navigated many websites, printed out information, had an telephone consultation to see if I qualified when I scheduled my attendance at a seminar (June 9th), received a list of the doctors and their credentials from area who perform this surgery, which is way less invasive than Gastric Bypass and started discussing it with my family, which will lead to many more discussions, I am sure.

For those of you who know anything about it, have gone through it, are interested in discussing it further, or wish to talk me out of it, this is the post to do so...like I said, I am still in the *prayerful* stage and have not made up my mind yet.


Yet....

No comments: