gratefulness.

iStock Photo
As they were going they were cleansed.
And one of them, realizing he had been healed,
returned, glorifying God in a loud voice;
and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. Luke 17:11-19, in part
A really touching piece at 614 Charlotte. It started with a phone call and making and distributing pies - how wonderful!
We have one family of five kids here, 10, 10, 13, 14, 17. Their Mother left two weeks ago and just never came back....
The Gospel message this weekend had to do with the 10 lepers who were healed and only one returning to say thank you. I am always incredibly humbled by this passage, even more so as I continued reading about the sweet family mentioned above:
...I felt very humbled when bringing them their pies because they were truly thankful. The two little guys hugged me so hard I thought that I would drop the pies.
We could learn so much from the little ones.
"Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other nine?
Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?"

Then he said to him, "Stand up and go;
your faith has saved you."

No comments: